Even though he was still in his early 20s, Gerard D. was already an experienced PAM Company Driver when he heard PAM Cartage Carriers (PCC) was recruiting new Owner Operators. Today, Gerard is a PCC Owner Operator, which means he gets to be his own boss, while enjoying many of the same perks as company drivers, including affordable medical benefits*.
“This is my career and this is what I want to do,” he says. “I don’t like it. I love it. I love the company I’m with.”
Now Gerard has the solid foundation he needs to grow his trucking business, including generous miles and Owner Operator support programs that take the stress out of taxes and paperwork, so he can spend more time on his business. When he’s ready, he’ll have access to recruiters who can help him hire more drivers to grow his fleet.
Here are just a few of the ways that PCC makes it easier for truck drivers to become their own boss.
More Driver Support for Owner Operators
Owner Operator Tim L., who also started as a PAM Company Driver, says there are pros and cons to becoming your own boss.
“Life as an Owner Operator has its own set of challenges, just like being a Company Driver,” he says. “Now the payments are on you and you have to really budget your money for any and all truck expenses. Budgeting and planning is a must as an Owner Operator.”
Fortunately, PCC offers Owner Operator support to help Tim with his taxes and licensing fees up front, so all he has to worry about is keeping his wheels moving, so he can keep earning.
Additional Owner Operator support includes:
- Full medical benefits: PCC recently partnered with Enrollment First and NAWP, to provide Owner Operators with access to affordable, individual major medical benefits.
- Driver support programs: Owner Operators have access to 24/7 road rescue, fuel and tire discounts, and discounts for vehicle maintenance and repairs.
- Easier licensing and permitting: PCC pays Tim’s licensing fees upfront and then charges them back to him at $50 per week, interest free.
In addition to Owner Operator support programs, PCC helps drivers like Tim and Gerard grow their fleet with some of the most affordable leasing options in our industry.
More Low-Cost Truck Leasing Options
For experienced truck drivers who are ready to expand their Owner Operator business, PAM Cartage Carriers’ Overdrive Lease Program gives drivers a fast-track to financial independence. Tim has used the program’s low-cost leasing options to grow his own fleet to three trucks!
Here’s how the PCC Lease Program works:
- Drivers can choose from fully-loaded 2019 and 2020 trucks, as well as 2018 trucks that start as low as $379 a week for solo drivers, with the option to buy at the end of two years for only $12,500.
- Drivers are eligible after just three months of verifiable OTR experience in the past year, including time completed at an accredited CDL school or carrier-approved training program.
- Owner Operator teams can lease 2018 trucks at only $679 per week. Plus, PCC can help drivers partner with other Owner Operators if they need a partner.
When drivers lease a truck from PCC, there are no credit checks and they are not required to put any money down up front. Plus, PCC makes sure that their Owner Operators get all the miles they need, so they can earn as much as or more than $1,800 a week!
How Owner Operators Can Grow Their Business
According to Tim, transitioning from a Company Driver to an Owner Operator requires a lot of planning to manage home time while saving enough money to grow a trucking fleet. For example, Tim never takes a vacation until he knows he has set aside enough money to keep him ahead of his expenses in the future.
“You never know when the unexpected will happen, so set aside now in order to live a more comfortable life later,” he says.
Tim is also grateful for all the Owner Operator benefits from PCC that help him reduce his expenses, such as not having to pay cargo insurance, which saves him an extra $200 a month. He also doesn’t have to pay Qualcomm or trailer rental fees.
New Owner Opportunities at PAM Cartage Carriers (PCC)
If you’re an Owner Operator looking for more driver support, or if you’re considering becoming an Owner Operator for the first time, PCC offers more opportunities for you to take the wheel of your future, including:
- Dedicated Owner Operators: We have dedicated trucking jobs throughout the Eastern, Midwestern and Southern United States. With stable routes and schedules, our dedicated, Owner Operator runs offer steady pay and predictable home time.
- OTR Owner Operators: Our OTR Owner Operator jobs offer more miles and bigger earnings with routes throughout most of the continental U.S. We continue to increase our OTR CPM with the aim of achieving pre-pandemic pay levels. Most of our OTR routes involve no-touch, drop-and-hook freight to maximize driving time.
- Team Owner Operators: Our Owner Operator team drivers post the highest miles and the biggest paychecks in our fleet, as well as the largest sign-on bonuses. If you’ve got your own rig and a trusted partner, there’s plenty of opportunity to earn and think big with PAM Cartage Carriers.
We would love to tell you a little more about all the other great career opportunities for both new and experienced drivers to become successful Owner Operators. Give us a call at (866) 401-2496, or SEE AVAILABLE JOBS by clicking below.
*Disclaimer: All PAM Cartage Carrier terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.