How to Get Your Class A CDL Training
You can get your CDL training onsite at PAM! PAM has partnered with Training Professional Drivers (TPD) to offer a new CDL school at PAM headquarters, to get your trucking career off on the right foot.
Apply now! As you train you’ll get to meet other drivers, check out the equipment, and learn the PAM culture to get yourself closer to a driving seat with PAM.
TPD SCHOOL TUITION COVERED AFTER 6 MONTHS
$100 WEEKLY STIPEND*
Paid Lodging While at School
Convenient Training at PAM Headquarters
More Time In-Seat Training
See our most frequently-asked questions (and answers) below to learn how easy it is to get your CDL at our onsite TPD school.
Why wait to get started? Fill out the application on this page and your assigned PAM recruiter and student coordinator will reach out to tell you how to get your CDL and to guide you through every step. See below to learn how this works.
NEW! Get $100 a Week While in School
The TPD CDL school is now offering a weekly $100 stipend for all new students. You’ll get $100 each week for 3 weeks of school. That’s $300 you can use to help with living expenses during school.*
NEW! Industry-Leading 6-Month Commitment
PAM just set a new industry standard by only requiring a 6-month driving commitment to have all your school tuition covered. Other trucking companies require you to drive at least one or two years before they pay for CDL school.
What to Expect
Before You Start School
While most truck driving companies are reluctant to take on new recruits, training drivers is part of PAM’s mission. We look forward to helping you get the CDL training you need at our onsite, driving school partner, TPD. Apply now using the form on this page and start your new truck driving career!
- Apply today and start working with your PAM recruiter.
- Then we’ll walk you through your background checks, DOT physical, and drug screening.
- Then your recruiter and student coordinator will set you up with everything you need to get your CDL permit and start your training at the on-site TPD school.
CDL School: Week 1-3
- You’ll learn all the requirements for completion of the course and for obtaining your CDL, starting with how to plan your trips with maps and log books.
- You’ll also learn how to conduct vehicle inspections, both pre- and post-trip.
- Most importantly, you’ll learn best practices to safely get from point A to point B, such as how to safely back up tractor trailers and secure them, along with defensive driving techniques.
After You Graduate
- After your training, and after you’ve obtained your CDL, you’ll be ready to start your new career as a PAM driver!
- When you’re ready to begin, we’ll make arrangements for you to meet your Driver Mentor, so you can continue your on-the-job training.
CDL CAREER PATH
We’ll guide you on your new career journey, starting with your CDL!
Upgrade to 1st seat driver and get your own truck!
- Classroom instruction
- Driving range: backing practice
- Out on the road with an instructor
- Lease Purchase
CDL Training: Frequently Asked Questions
Do I receive pay while I am in CDL school at TPD?
You start receiving pay once you have finished the TPD school, have your CDL, and are ready to be picked up by your PAM Driver Mentor.**
How will I get to school? Who pays for my travel and lodging?
You can drive yourself or PAM can get you a bus ticket. We will cover the cost of the bus ticket and an Uber to get you from the bus station to the hotel. PAM will provide a shuttle to and back from our TPD CDL school each day. We will also pay for your hotel room while you are in school.
Am I required to have my permit before I arrive at CDL school?
Yes, you are required to have the permit before you come to the TPD campus to start CDL school. But you will do an online class to help prepare for the permit test if you do not already have your permit. We will send you the study and practice material you need to get started.
What is the cost of attending TPD Truck Driving School?
As long as you fulfill your 6-month commitment to drive for us after graduating from TPD, PAM will cover 100% of your tuition. Your only out-of-pocket expense will be the state testing fee, which is $50.
How long does it take to get started in truck driving school?
Typically, you can start school within a week or two after your application is received.
What kind of driving positions are available to me after I finish truck driving school?
PAM runs OTR, dedicated and local positions. You can apply for any position that you are eligible for, after you finish your training. Our operations department will help you find the opportunity that is the best fit for you.
Will I have to go out with a trainer after I finish school?
We do require you to go out with one of our experienced PAM Driver Mentors for a minimum of 18 days after you finish school and before you get assigned to your own truck.
Apply Online Now
- Stipend will be paid with a $100 Walmart gift card on Thursdays, starting the first week of school.
- The school will be issuing the stipend.
- Stipend will only be for the 3 weeks of school. If a student fails the CDL test and has to stay over, there will be no additional stipend given.
- Students must attend school every day, Monday through Friday.
- Students must be on time for school every day (1 excused absence allowed). If a student misses a second day of school they will not receive any stipend for their remaining time at school.
**Drivers must meet all pre-employment qualifications and requirements before they begin paid training with their PAM Driver Mentor.