Why We Have Orientation
We’re always excited to have a new driver join the PAM family and look forward to orientation. We get to put faces to names, shake hands, and establish some common understanding about everything from career paths at PAM to how we like to use the Qualcomm. It's our chance to welcome new drivers and set them up for success at the company.
How It Works
You’ll be scheduled for a three-day orientation at one of our 6 orientation sites. You can choose to drive yourself or we’ll help you arrange for other transportation. We provide lodging at a hotel nearby starting the night before orientation begins. Breakfast and lunch are also included while in orientation.
Here’s what a typical orientation looks like:
Driver qualification paperwork
Compliance, Safety, Accountability (CSA) Benefits
DOT hazardous materials compliance OSHA hazardous communications
Logs/electronic on-board recorder (EOBR)
Meet Driver Manager
What to Bring
Once you complete orientation, you’ll be given your first assignment and take to the road as a PAM driver. It happens pretty quickly so we recommend packing eight days worth of clothes and toiletries.
- Current CDL
- Original Social Security card or birth certificate
- Current DOT medical card
- Employment Authorization Document (if not a U.S. citizen)
- Voided check for payroll
- Beneficiary info: names, Social Security numbers, and addresses
- Winter gear (if applicable)
- Work gloves
- Work boots/protective footwear
- Small brief case or personal paper storage (collapsible type preferred)
- Camera (disposable type is acceptable)
- Paper and writing instruments (pen or pencil)
- Sleeping bag and pillow OR pillow, one sheet, one blanket
We have six orientation sites where you can attend orientation. You’ll be directed to the one closest to you.
297 West Henri de Tonti Blvd.
Tontitown, AR 72770
North Little Rock
1401 McNeil Dr.
North Little Rock, AR 72117
2300 Time St.
Irving, TX 75061
317 Weathers Dr.
Laredo, TX 78045
12274 Mahoning Ave.
North Jackson, OH 44451
601 South Enota Dr., Suite B
Gainesville, GA 30501