As veterans who understand the challenges that separating service members face while adjusting to civilian life, PAM Transport is proud to work with servicemen and –women to facilitate a career transition into the truck driving industry.Regardless of your MOS, NEC, or AFSC, our civilian career transition program allows you to take advantage of your tax free GI Bill Benefits while receiving paid on-the-job training from PAM.
PAM Honor Road Apprenticeship Program
As a new PAM driver transitioning from military service, you’ll enter a 12-month paid apprenticeship program designed to help you master the necessary skills to become a professional truck driver.
Honor Roadis an approved apprenticeship program set up through the Department of Labor. Transitioning military and veterans that qualify for this program will receive a tax-free monthly housing allowance from the V.A. in addition to regular driver pay from PAM Transport.
Want to extend your V.A. stipend to 18 months? You’ll have the opportunity to become a certified PAM Driver Mentor/a> and earn additional compensation for training new drivers.
To start your new driving career with PAM, here are your options:
- Experienced Military Drivers with a CDL — Veterans who have two years or more of experience driving commercial vehicles for the military can start a civilian truck driving career with a Military Skills Test Waiver after you’ve been off active duty for up to one year.
- Use Your GI Bill for CDL School — For veterans with no driving experience, we’ll help you secure your CDL-A license using your GI Bill Benefits. If needed, we’ll even help you find a V.A.-approved CDL school in your area. Upon receipt of your CDL, we will enroll you in our apprenticeship program and set you up with a certified PAM Driver Mentor to teach you everything you need to know to advance your career. During your apprenticeship with PAM, you’ll also qualify for a tax free V.A. stipend to help cover your bills while you learn the ropes.
Why Drive for PAM?
PAM Transport began its journey in 1980 with five trucks. Today, we have over 2,000 trucks on the road moving freight for the manufacturing, retail and automotive industries.
We’re Military Friendly
In addition to working with Hiring Our Heroes, we proudly present our Patriot Ride Fleet as a way to honor our veterans. Each of the four Patriot Ride trucks in our fleet is driven by a veteran from the respective branch (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines), and we affectionately refer to them as Ambassadors as they continue to serve their country by safely delivering the goods needed to keep America moving.
Opportunities for Success
PAM offers a wide range of options to begin your career as a professional truck driver. You can run over the road, chose a dedicated lane, be a local driver, or continue to lead by training new drivers as a Driver Mentor. You can even start a business as an Owner Operator within our Lease program.
Take a closer look at the benefits of driving for PAM:
- Competitive pay and benefits package, including health, dental, 401k and paid vacation
- One-on-one training with experienced PAM drivers
- Some of the newest equipment in the industry
- Experienced, dedicated support staff with you for every mile that you’re out on the road
- Career advancement opportunities
- Drive for an established company that feels like family, not a corporation
Take the Next Step — Become a PAM Driver
Our military service members have the talent, discipline and motivation we need to ensure we live up to our commitment to our customers: “Our Service Makes the Difference.”
To start your new driving career with PAM Transport, call our Military Transition Coordinator at 479-361-5596 or contact us for more information.
Questions about eligibility? Get in contact with the V.A. at www.gibill.va.gov or call 888-442-4551.